Gratitude

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Weekend at Kimmie and Grand Dad's

The day started early with the girls helping me make cinnamon rolls. Gianna was quick to go outside with me but Maddie had a boo-boo on her toe and said that the grass would hurt it. Gianna didn't want to get dirty but wanted to wear a pair of my dirty garden gloves.
After Gianna saw me digging in the dirt, planting seeds and spreading the mulch - she decided to help me. Boy, did that one pot with sunflower seeds have a lot of mulch!
Melissa gave me a pot, soil and Sweet Pea seeds for the girls to plant with me. Maddie said she could come outside and stay on the patio since the grass would hurt her toe. She counted the seeds and Gianna added dirt to the pot...and took it out...and added some more...and took it out....



After planting seeds and plants, we had to water the plants and check out all of the blossoms.






After all of our gardening, Gianna had to journal about the activities of the day and Maddie had to write a list of things to do - clean the den, pick up her toys.....


It was a good day for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment